[Wine] Re: Error while compiling v1.1.3

charles.tryon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 7 22:45:51 CDT 2008

I ran into the same problem, on Fedora 9 on 32 bit.  That Wiki article is incredibly helpful (I wish I'd seen it before, when I was trying to figure out all the devel package dependencies!!), but the heading is not exactly obvious if you are building for 32bit.  I'm really new here in terms of BUILDING wine (as opposed to simply using binary packages from the distro), so I feel a little like I'm running around in the dark.

I was basically able to figure out all the other steps, but this one "ulimit" step was the one the tripped me up.  It's not really the fault of the Wine project, but that's where it shows up, so it would be great if there was an indication somewhere of how to find that one magic command.

Thanks!