[Wine] Re: Is there a way I can get an unsopported app working in Wine?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 8 10:00:14 CDT 2008

Harambe wrote:
> I use Ubuntu 8.0.4
> I have XP installed in another partition.
> I want to use Ability Office version 5 from Ubuntu.
> I have installed Wine, and this seems to work - I can run other Windows apps through it.
> I can install Ability fine using Wine, and it's small launcher app works fine - but when I run the proper Ability programs I get loads of missing DLL errors.
>
> Is there anything I can do to correct this issue, or is it really not worth my while attempting anything ?
>
> I can't find any notes in the documentation along these lines.

The FAQ has all sorts of useful information.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-bb6a7a98ea5016383c4f81717063463e5217c3bf

There's no entry in the AppDB for version 5, but the entry for version 4 has some comments about dlls that might be relevant.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=5169