[Wine] Re: print directly on another computer's LPT

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 10 06:01:00 CDT 2008

tjandracom that is always going to hurt that way.  Reason messages has to go to samba then into a cups interface then to printer.

If it was a USB Printer port I could make it work threw Linux far more effective.  http://usbip.sourceforge.net/  There is no printer port over IP I know of other than that.   Yes that is direct printer port.

I will be blunt.   Linux is designed that raw device access is not normally provided over the network.   Theory is that you would create a daemon/service to carry out that location where the device is.

Really please exam your path.  15 - 20 second speed hit is being caused by abusing the Linux stacks.

If it was a normal serial port it would not be hard either servers to deal with that problem exist.  http://www.jfc.org.uk/software/conc.html .

You seam to be coding the program to do this job.  Why cannot a remote service be used to control the printer port directly.