[Wine] Re: Problem saving xls Office 2007 #1

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 10 07:01:05 CDT 2008

The instructions you followed for installation are incorrect. Native rpcrt4 and msxml3 are not needed to install with the most recent versions of Wine. You should also not be downloading riched20--Office 2007 installs its own riched20, and that's the one you should use (just set the override in winecfg). As for the other overrides, I've seen them listed in various howtos, but have yet to see an explanation as to what they are supposed to fix. In particular, .NET 2.0 doesn't work very well in Wine yet, so I really don't see the point of installing it.

So my first suggestion is that you upgrade to 1.1.4 if you haven't already, then delete or rename your /.wine directory and start over. Install Office 2007 without any overrides--you can always add them later if you find that some function needs them.

Then, if something doesn't work, POST CONSOLE OUTPUT.