[Wine] Native, Builtin for Dummies

fdservices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 13 09:11:34 CDT 2008

Yes I know this is stupid, but I do not understand the difference between Native and Builtin, in that

Native is the original Windows dll
Builtin is the Wine version

OK, but what is in the drive_C/windows/system32 folder? are these the Builtin dlls? or are they just stubs needed to fool the programs into thinking that the dll exists?

If they are just stubs and I want to use a Native dll for just one program, then do I copy it to the system32 folder and overwrite the dll file there, in which case, presumably, the native dll will act as the stub for any other program, but the builtin will still be used?

I am confused   :?

Andrew

Andrew