[Wine] Running DeLorme Street Atlas

Norm normscherer at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 19:20:21 CDT 2008

I have had a lot of problems with my XP system recently so I would like
to convert over to Linux (Ubuntu) and the use of Street Atlas 2006 is
the only thing really standing in my way.

I installed Wine 1.0 and installed Street Atlas using it.  SA brings up
the basic map programs but not everything works correctly yet.

I have observed the following error messages so far:

err:ole:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke did not find member id -715, flags 0x2!
err:ole:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke did not find member id -710, flags 0x2!
err:comm:get_baud_rate tcgetattr error 'Input/output error'
fixme:menu:TrackPopupMenuEx not fully implemented
fixme:storage:StorageImpl_Commit (0x20d148 0): stub

The program displays and scales the map correctly.  Setting a route
works fine.  Most of the menus seem to be there but the draw menu is not
working correctly (I will take a look at that for a configuration problem).

I have hooked my Earthmate GPS to a USB port and it is identified
correctly (verified by dmesg messages).  I have not figured out how to
correctly hook the program up to the USB port.  I tried by makeing a
symbolic link to USB0 from /dev/ttyUSB0.  I think that is the source of
the messages about get_baud_rate.

Voice output does not seem to be working.  It uses some microsoft speech
engine.  I will try to figure out what that is and maybe I can install
that and get something more working.

If anyone has any experience with this program, interest in it or any
thoughts please let me know.

Thanks
Norm