[Wine] Only 1 more thing to switch to linux - Trackmania

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Sep 14 10:39:32 CDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 7:32 PM, ozbolt <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Sorry for being late on response but here I am.
> Thanks for answers, but still doesn't work, I have also tried with those 4 of 5 dlls (i can't find ThumbGbx.dll) but still,...
> second: I have downloaded preinstalled version of Yu-gi-oh games for my little brother, and they, all 3 works 100% with wine - i am so grateful.
> So I am asking myself if there exist a version of TMNF that comes in a folder that I just run (let's say) TmNations.exe and it directly in game. I called this stuff preinstalled versions.
> If you have any more ideas on howto please post here.

The only DLL files copied into the directory is d3dx9_30.dll
d3dx9_36.dll The rest is installed with TrackMania.

The wrap_oal.dll is to be obtained (overwriting the default version)
from the link in the howto:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11595&iTestingId=23565

I'm not sure if both d3dx9 SLL files are neccesary, instructions
seemed to conflict so I used both. I obtained my version from the
DirectX August 2880 redistributable
(http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C1367BC3-4676-481A-BFAA-5C15D1D7199D&displaylang=en),
installed with a slightly modified winetricks (which wanted to
download an older version, which I did not want to do since I already
downloaded the newer version and internet data is expensive in South
Africa) into a seperate WINEPREFIX. (The version that winetricks
downloads should work as well, but do not install DirectX into the
same WINEPREFIX as TrackMania / other games it will break stuff...)

Run the game through the launcher until it works... Try setting the
settings to a minimum first and increasing it slowly once it is
working.

Gert