[Wine] billiard game

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Sep 14 13:05:37 CDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 6:33 PM, zaffa <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> hi qwertymn
>
> could you show me exactly the steps you did?
>
> i tried this:
>

> Code:
>
> zaffa at zaffa-desktop ~ $ cabextract biliardo.zip
> biliardo.zip: no valid cabinets found

You need to extract the ZIP file first, Try you favourite archive
program, or unzip. (Unzip might need to be installed...)
mohag at mohagpc ~/billiardo $ unzip biliardo.zip
Archive:  biliardo.zip
  inflating: setup.exe

Then ou should run cabextract on setup.exe:
mohag at mohagpc ~/billiardo $ cabextract setup.exe
Extracting cabinet: setup.exe
<snip list of files>
All done, no errors.

You can then try to run it:
mohag at mohagpc ~/billiardo $ cd files/App/0/
mohag at mohagpc ~/billiardo/files/App/0 $ wine Biliardo.exe

It seems to run fine, except for some mouse weirdness... (Mouse hit
imaginary barrier at a few places on the screen and need to be moved
back first before being able to move past that line... I experienced
similar weirdness in a few other games...)

You might also be able to run the DOS version under Dosbox, although
DOSBox is slow compared to Wine...

> also, how can i get a log by wine when installing a software? with a detailed log maybe it would be easier to solve the problem

Run it from the command-line with more WINEDEBUG settings set...
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-3b297df7a5411abe2b8d37fead01a2b8edc21619

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-a37de3282d447376d2220d20a278ae52258551a4

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/wine-user/x2194

If you want to a file, use output redirection.

http://www.mathinfo.u-picardie.fr/asch/f/MeCS/courseware/users/help/general/unix/redirection.html
(look at the section about Bourne shell if you do not know which shell
you are using...)

Gert