[Wine] Re: Cannot use PREFIX with wine 1.1.4

GNU_Raziel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 15 12:28:18 CDT 2008

I wrote it before, I tried using wineboot to generate prefix (and it does the EXACT SAME prefix as wineprefixcreate does, diff them, no differences) and it crash the EXACT SAME way as before.

I add this is only an INSTALL problem, running with wine 1.1.4 an app installed with wine 1.1.2 in a prefix is ok so it's probably an install bug with wine 1.1.3/1.1.4...wine 1.1.3/1.1.4 crash every install exe if it's not installed in the default prefix.

Until a proper fix, I install all my apps with wine 1.1.2 in the prefix I want and then run them with wine 1.1.4 (thx to PlayOnLinux app witch manage wine version very easily)