[Wine] Re: about cubase and asio...

Xaleph wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 17 12:41:34 CDT 2008

Firstly, I want to thank you for finding some way for Cubase Studio 4.1.2 to work with Wine.  I currently own Cubase 4 and it is the only thing keeping me from moving to Ubuntu.  If I can get Cubase 4.5.2 to work with my Audiophile 2496 on Ubuntu (and it work well), I can finally ditch Vista.

Reulle, since you've tested Cubase Studio 4.1.2 successfully, have you run into any further issues, or any issues from updating?  I had also read that people were worried about the syncsoft protection key not working with Linux - did you find this to be a problem as well?

I appreciate the time you spent in testing Cubase - I can't tell you how frustrated I am with my current setup on Vista.

- Xal (Matt Sabol)