[Wine] Petition for PunkBuster Support/Version for WINE in Linux

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 17 23:11:36 CDT 2008

Devine wrote:
> Chourmovs,
>
> You are a little presumptuous, this is not my first week in Linux and Open Source Software.
> I do what I can to help always - I am simply trying to help now. Laying back and letting things crawl along might be peaceful and nice to immerse in, but to get things done a little drive is needed.
> A great portion of Linux and Open Source Software was developed not by hobbyists as a plaything as some people would like to believe - but by companies employing people to get things done.
>
> Do you understand the use of words such as "should", "must" and "marketing" now? I considered them the right tools for the job.
>
> I do not use Windows, I have not had a Windows installation for almost 2 years now. Windows would be the right tool for the gaming job - but I love Linux and OSS.
>
> I just thought I would get that out of the way.
> I used to have a Wine forums account, but I was inactive so it was wiped... Don't let my join date decieve you.

Devine:

Unlike a few of the people here, I agree with you.  The squeaky wheel
gets the grease as they say.  However, running a petition may not be the
absolute best way to get-r-done as they say.

There is an issue in the Bugzilla that ANYONE can vote on to raise its
status and possibly its priority.  There should be a similar issue in
the Issue Tracker for PunkBuster stating that PB does not play well with
Wine.  If it is possible to vote on that issue, then do it.  Let the
rest of the world know about the issue so that we can all go and vote.
That gets much more attention than an independent petition ever will.

James McKenzie