[Wine] Autocad 2008 and wine

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 05:52:51 CDT 2008

2008/9/18 Grof <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
> Sorry but I'm little sceptic about this. Why?
> Because the newest ACAD 2009 use .NET 3.0 technology and Wine do not support .NET 3.0 (only .NET 2.0 via winetricks)

While Autodesk may never have a native Linux version of AutoCAD, they
can make life easier for people who need to run the software in Wine
by using technologies that do run in Wine. They do a lot of testing on
various configurations of hardware and software on three Windows
operating systems already, and avoid technologies that do not run on
all of them. Wine could be added to the list of their testing
platforms. This benefits you, the consumer, because you can then run
AutoCAD on your platform of choice. It also benefits them as their
software becomes available to Linux users. The only reason this is not
yet the case is because they do not see Linux as a large enough target
market. That's why we need to write to them and let them know how we
are running their software.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com