[Wine] Autocad 2008 and wine

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:43:22 CDT 2008

2008/9/18 Grof <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
> Wrong! They ARE switched to .NET 3.0.
> My AutoCAD 2009 and Civil 3D 2009 running under .NET 3.0!

That's what I said. I then added that if they know that people are
using their software in Wine, they will not switch to technologies
that do not run in Wine. So, for example, in the year 2012 when .NET
3.0 runs in Wine and .NET 4.0 does not, AutoCAD will delay their move
to .NET 4.0 as to not break Wine compatibility.

If we had started inquiring four years ago about AutoCAD in Wine, then
Autodesk likely would not have moved to a technology (.NET 3.0) that
is not compatible with Wine. I am worried about the future of Linux-
and Wine- support.

Did you write to them?

--
Dotan Cohen