[Wine] Re: Autocad 2008 and wine

miciomax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 18 12:31:21 CDT 2008

Grof wrote:

> I tried install AutoCAD 2008, and I succeed! Without any patch and recompile wine 1.1.4, only known winetricks...
>
> but acad 2008 is unstable (errors in initialize CUI....)

The CUI error is due to (IIRC) msxml3 (must be native) and because of the registry bug on which I wrote 3 patches but none of them was applied to wine three.
Just dig on wine bugzilla, grab the patch, apply it and rebuild wine. better, look at autocad 2005 howto, it works for 2008 and has a step-by-step explanation.
BTW, on my wine (1.1.2) 2008 is still by far more unstable than 2005, so I suggest you to not use it for production purposes. 2005 works wonderful (using it daily) besides of slow TTF rendering and a crash on multiline text edit. Slow TTF is really annoying, we could find restrict the cause of it but nobody has still written a patch for it. Just write a small autolisp/activex app that changes all ttf from drawing to an back to vector builtin fonts.

Ciao

Max