[Wine] Re: distribute a compiled wine version on linux

thebuck wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 18 13:35:30 CDT 2008

rockinup1231 wrote:
> Well, even if you are compiling a 32 bit copy, it won't work on a 64-bit machine.

it wokrs fine, im having 32bit opensuse and 64 bit opensuse. i allready have a little survey, my patched wine is compiled on opensuse32bit.
it runs on my opensuse 64bit on debian32bit and on ubuntu32bit.
and yes i distribute a patched wine version because it is a little tricky to do and it makes others happy.

that performance lost, why is that so can you explain that to me please?

i seen that the shellscripts in wine/bin include some folders from the pc it was compiled once. but until now i never had problems with that differences.