[Wine] Re: distribute a compiled wine version on linux

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 18 15:18:29 CDT 2008

thebuck wrote:
> so there is nothing i have to worrie when people using my self compiled wine binarys?

Usually you need separate package for each distro, each distro version. If you proposing everyone to use your single Wine package - then it just won't work.

thebuck wrote:
> what about the law? what can i do wrong if i just release all for free?

You can do whatever you want with Wine, as long as you provide all the patches you applied to it. So anyone will be able to get official Wine, apply these patches and get exactly the same binary.