[Wine] Re: Setting LANG variable

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 19 09:37:24 CDT 2008

Grof wrote:
> One question.
>
> If I want that Application correctly show my extra characters (Croatian chars), I must before calling apps set LANG variable on this way:
>

> Code:
> LANG=hr_HR.UTF-8 wine app_name
>

> or, I must add env LANG=hr_HR.UTF-8 as prefix in Launcher.
>
> Can I somewhere set this variable as default, so I can call my apps without adding this text before.

If you want keep everything else in English, you can't make it global. This is system setting that affects all applications. If you still want to do it and your default shell is bash, just add this to ~/.bashrc

Code:
export LANG=hr_HR.UTF-8

Different files for other shells. Of you can change it system wide - that will depend on your distro.