[Wine] oralce 9i database and wine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 19 11:03:47 CDT 2008

Tumblebomb:

This may be obvious, but why do you need to use a Windows version of Oracle?  If you need it for college, get a 'cheap' Windows laptop and install it there.  Oracle for Windows uses many undocumented features of the operating system to install and operate that are not provided at this time by Wine.  If you need to learn how to work with Oracle, get the Linux version and install UnixODBC to communicate with it from any Windows applications.

Bottom Line:  You cannot, at this time, install Oracle for Windows in Wine and probably will not be able to do so for a long time as there is already a solution that works.

James McKenzie