[Wine] AvP2.

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 19 22:23:40 CDT 2008

ebberthetroll wrote:
> Hello thar'!
>
> i'm glad to have discovered Wine! :D - wonderfull program.
>
> But srsly though; what i wanted to know; Does Wine support Alien Versus predator 2, on os X?
>
> - i've got AvP2 for PC, and the mac editions i've been able to find, have been created for PowerPC,.. - annoys me quite, it's a great game after all!

One simple answer:  If the program requires OpenGL, it will not work
with Wine on Mac OS X.  However, if the source code is available for
this program, you CAN compile it to a running program on your Intel
based Mac.  If it is NOT available, you might still be able to get it to
work on your Intel Mac.  The only way to tell is to get and attempt to
use the PowerPC version.  If it does not function you might still get
one of the folks that created the PowerPC to create as an Intel version.

James McKenzie