[Wine] Re: Cannot open file in NTFS filesystem on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 20 15:53:10 CDT 2008

> Any ideas of why opening a file on an NTFS file system would not work on Hardy Heron?

Offhand, I can think of two ntfs-g driver (not Wine) issues that could cause this:

1. the partition is mounted "noexec" (the default)
2. the app requires shared writable mmap, support for which wasn't added to the Linux kernel until 2.6.26.

If it's the first, editing your /etc/fstab to add "exec" to the end of the mount options for the partition in question should solve the problem. If it's the second, your solution is to upgrade to a kernel that supports shared writable mmap.