[Wine] can't instiall wine 1.1.5

whispers wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 21 07:53:11 CDT 2008

I'm trying to install wine 1.1.5, but i am stuck now :( i downloaded the .tar.bz2 file and i used tar xvjf wine-1.1.5.tar.bz2. The readme file says i have to then type ./tools/wineinstall, but when i do that an error pops up.

Code:
 Wine Installer v1.0

Warning !! wine binary (still) found, which may indicate
a (conflicting) previous installation.
You might want to abort and uninstall Wine first.
(If you previously tried to install from source manually,
run 'make uninstall' from the wine root directory)
Running configure...

checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.

Configure failed, aborting install.

is there anyone who can tell me what to do to make it work? i've got the config.log file for if you need more details.

btw.. this error also pops up when i have my older wine version uninstalled.