[Wine] Problem selecting from horizontally scrolling text widget

jcobban3 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 21 10:23:54 CDT 2008

I am having trouble selecting the complete text of a text widget in the case where the amount of text exceeds the visible width of the widget.  In this case it is necessary for the text displayed in the widget to scroll horizontally to be visible, but when I drag the cursor from one end of the widget to the other, with the intention of selecting the entire text, the text fails to scroll when the cursor "bangs up against" the other end of the widget, so I can only select the visible portion of the text.  If I am very patient and keep jiggling the cursor for a minute or so the text will finally scroll and the selection complete, but this is a pain.

The widget is not behaving the same way as the corresponding widget on Windows so I believe this is a flaw in the implementation.