[Wine] Once again... strange StarCraft battlenet issue.

wineuser1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 22 04:51:32 CDT 2008

Hi everybody,

I know this problem have been posted a few times, but that one is a bit different and seems to be still unresolved. I use Wine 1.0 on my laptop with 2 operating systems (Slamd64 Linux and MS Windows XP). When I play StarCraft on Battlenet under Windows it's all perfect, but when I run it with wine - there are huge lags which make the game unplayable. Computer is conected by a Linksys router (wrt54gc), but Windows doesn't have any problems with that! I tried to run wine with "nice -20", I have hardware acceleration enabled ("direct rendering: Yes"). I want to get rid of MS, but I keep it to play StarCraft! (sick of it..). Any suggestions? I would kindly appreciate any answer.

Best regards,
WU1