[Wine] Re: How to make Garmin see Garmin?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 22 16:06:32 CDT 2008

Beartooth wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:49:36 -0500, vitamin wrote:
>

> vitamin wrote:
> > You didn't answer the question. Are you really connecting this device to
> > a serial port on your PC? Or a USB port?
> >

> 	Sorry, I thought I did. The end of the cable at the PC has
> several pins in a trapezoid, and screws on both sides; it's also several
> times bigger than a USB port, and by no means flat.
>
> 	To use it (rarely, but sometimes) with a T42 Thinkpad, which I
> bought without realizing it lacked a *serial* port, I had to buy a
> special card, which has a very short cable like an ethernet cable plug at
> one end, and a gadget with pins and screws on the other.

Ok sounds like a PC-Card with a standard 9-pin serial port on it. I'm asking because it's hard to guess which port is your device connected to.

Then it should be com1 (ttyS0) unless you have some "hidden" ones, like modem for example. You might want to check with some hardware information program what all serial ports you have.