[Wine] XmlLite Install Error?

databoy2k wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 22 19:11:15 CDT 2008

Hey All,

I looked through the documentation and I searched the forum, but I'm having an issue installing a new program and can't quite find the solution - I'm just curious if I'm overlooking that solution.
While installing, I'm getting the following error:

"The required Windows XmlLite update package is not installed on your computer. This package is avaliable via Microsoft Windows Update web site or can be downloaded directly from Microsoft web site.
Click Yes to be redirected to Microsoft Knowledge Base Web site (KB=915865) for more information and to download the update package. Click No to exit setup."

You can imagine that clicking "yes" doesn't send me anywhere. I've copied my xmllite.dll file to the system32 folder from my windows install, however it did not change the error.

Any ideas? If not, "Phatware Phatnotes 5.3" will be snagging a cool "garbage" rating when I add it to the appdb soon.

Thanks a ton!
--Databoy2k