[Wine] Struggling to install Call of Duty 4

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 05:41:12 CDT 2008

2008/9/23 Minyaloth <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> thanks, will do. Just one more thing, i'm new to linux, i'm 4 days in.
> Could u pls explain how exactly i would upgrade my wine. When i try do it
> from the add / remove programs list i get some strange error about missing
> dependencies or something. Could u maybe send me a link that i could just
> click on to upgrade it? Thanks

If you have good repos then try this in console:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

this will update packages list and upgrade all packages.... but from what I
see here:

http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html

newest package for Ubuntu 7.10 is wine_1.0.0 so you should either update
your system... or you may try my packages from wine.x.pl - they are compiled
for Debian Etch - but I think they will work with your system as well:

1.Download wine of your choice from here:

http://wine.x.pl/download_e.html

2.Then eiter double click on it or try this i terminal:

sudo dpkg -i name_of_package.deb

If you will have problems try removing exiting wine first:

sudo apt-get remove wine

and then install my wine again.