[Wine] Re: Network Scanning

sveijk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 26 05:35:31 CDT 2008

Well here's an update....

Copied all the required twain dlls, directories etc to my wine folder...

Annoyingly wine of course kept on trying to use its native twain via sane support...

However did some digging and discovered that wine-twain is a package.  Forcibly removed the thing (had to use --nodeps), and suddenly the scanning sources became those belonging to windows twain not linux sane.

Scanned, slightly buggy i'll admit, the transfer window crashes and won't close itself, so you have to do it manually.  But now any twain compliant windows software running under wine will grab images from the scanner using windows twain and scanner driver yay..

Now to write, or find someone who has written a bit of wrapper software that'll let me use it like a sane devfice, but failing that at least i can now save the images to disk    :D