[Wine] Can't run Warcraft III

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sat Sep 27 09:30:03 CDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 12:02 AM, ccj8787 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Warcraft III without any problem (so it seems), but when I go to run it I just get a black screen.  My computer doesn't freeze but obviously the application isn't running correctly.  What could I do to get Warcraft III to work properly?
Delete the movies folder.

> I'm using Linux Mint, kernel 2.6.24-16-generic and wine 1.0

For Battle.net to work properly you need to patch Wine (source
code)... (Wine 0.9.45 works as well, but it is OLD....)

If you use a battle.net launcher to play on a pvpgn server you need to
set the OpenGL mode setting in the registry (see appdb).

If you install the 1.22 patch you need install some recent version of
the MS Visual C++ runtimes... (Check appdb for details....)

You might want to keep Warcraft in a seperate WINEPREFIX if you have
any DLL overrides on your system...
http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Wine_Prefixes

Mine currently work fine with the only issues being a occasional flash
on the screen and some minor graphical issues... (I have the Intel
GMA3100)

Gert