[Wine] Something odd is going on in this list

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Sat Sep 27 14:39:52 CDT 2008

	I read wine-users, as I read every list I can, through the Gmane
interface, running Pan against news.gmane.org -- and recently hit a new
gremlin. Supposing it something wrong with my connection or my Pan
settings, I asked there. Here are the question and reply :

	[begin forward]

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:57:51 +0000, I Beartooth wrote:

> 	Somebody please take a glance at gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user,
> particularly at two threads started by me on Sunday the 21st and
> Wednesday the 24th of this month. Every new reply from somebody named
> vitamin starts a new thread; and when I tell Pan to watch such a
> pseudo-thread, it doesn't catch the next one. In fact, other stuff
> keeps falling into the middle.

>	What is causing this misbehavior, and what can I do about it?

Pan is behaving properly.  Vitamin's replies are missing an important
header.  Here is that header taken from your reply to vitamin: References:
<1222289540.m2f.12875 at forum.winehq.org>

Pan is correctly creating the "References" header pointing to vitamin's
post, but hisher replies to you are lacking it.  Might be interesting to
ask vitamin how he/she is reading and posting to the group.  That's kind
of an important bug.

	[end forward]

Fedora 7, 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2, Epiphany 2, Opera 9, Firefox 2 & 3