[Wine] BlueTooth Headset

sixtyfive wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 27 20:04:49 CDT 2008

Hello Forum/List,

usually sound works quite well for me in WINE, but now trying to get my BlueTooth headphone to work (as opposed to the laptop's builtin speakers) I've run into a problem. My guess is it has to do with the delay occurs when a sound begins to play over these headphones, even though watching a movie in MPlayer at the same time to prevent that delay hasn't helped either.

It will probably be best if I show the error messages I get. Since they're quite lengthy, here's a Pastie: http://pastie.org/280597 (yes, StarCraft and all other Windows software I have installed work just fine using the built-in speakers).

My registry contains the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Alsa Driver\
  - AutoScanCards N
  - DeviceCount 1
  - DevicePCM1 bluetooth
  - DeviceCTL1 bluetooth

My ~/.alsactl is configured accordingly. I am using the headphones with Rythmbox, Totem and MPlayer just fine.

Dunno whether I'm missing something or if this is a bug (as the nice people in #winehq suggest), but any help would be appreciated in any case :-)

Best regards,
Raphael Schmid