[Wine] Re: FL Studio 8 regcode isn't accepted

billstei wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 29 21:30:43 CDT 2008

You should probably use Wine 1.1.5 at this point if you want to have something more current.  The only step that you need to change is the configure.  Instead of these typical steps:

./configure
make depend
make

You would use this:

CC="gcc-4.1" ./configure
make depend
make

You will of course need to have the gcc-4.1 package installed in order to use it, and here on my debianish Ubuntu, gcc 4.1 can peacefully coexist alongside gcc 4.2.x without issue.

I also prefer to put Wine into /usr (rather than /usr/local ) and then use checkinstall to generate a deb, so my own personal scheme looks like this:

CC="gcc-4.1" ./configure --prefix=/usr
make depend && make
sudo checkinstall --install=no
sudo dpkg -i [whatever_package_you_just_created].deb

Checkinstall unfortunately is not without it's quirky problems... it helps to have both wine and wine-dev packages installed prior to running checkinstall.

Bill