[Wine] Can Wine be configured to access unmountable harddrive?

jsstevenson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 30 06:20:40 CDT 2008

Hello...

I am trying to run a program under linux using wine called "Recover My Files".  This program is designed to recover data from corrupted harddrives contining FAT and NTFS partitions by reading them sector by sector or cluster by cluster.

The thing is, the drive in question is unmountable due to logic problems on the device, which it appears is rendering the drive invisible to the program (Recover My Files) I am trying to use under Wine.  Running on Windows the program can see and inspect and read the unmountable drive.  Equally the drive is accessible to Linux (though not mountable), via the dd command as an example.

The question is, is there a way of making this device (/dev/sdc) visible to wine without the luxury of mounting it, thus enabling "Recover My Files" to see the drive in question and perform its low-level inspection and recovery processes?

Thanks
Jamie