No subject

Tue Sep 2 11:01:37 CDT 2008

application. If I try to open the application and pass it the command "/PAR
script.txt", it does not work:

$ open WinBUGS.exe '/PAR script.txt'
The file /PAR script.txt does not exist.

It parses '/PAR script.txt' as a file name rather than an argument. I tried
the following variation but it results in the same error:

$ open -a WinBUGS14 '/PAR script.txt'
The file /PAR script.txt does not exist.

When I try passing a simpler argument, just a file name, I see that it's
interpreted as a separate file to be opened:

$ open -a WinBUGS14 'script.txt'

This usually results in both applications opening separately -- it opens
WinBUGS14.exe, and then opens script.txt in a separate notepad or editor
window, suggesting that this is not passed as an argument to the
application.

In summary: I can run the application I am interested in using 'open' under
either CrossOver or Darwine, but not through the CrossOver 'wine' command
directly. However, I cannot pass it any arguments. Does anyone know how to
do this?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks, --Yarden

=3D=3D
P.S. Here are some other variations I've tried on the above, but none
worked:

I also tried using the wine command that comes with CrossOver directly, but
it results in these errors:

$ pwd
$ /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin
$ ./wine --cx-app winbugs14.exe
_X11TransOpen: Unable to find transport for tcp
_X11TransOpen: Unable to find transport for tcp
_X11TransOpen: Unable to find transport for tcp
_X11TransOpen: Unable to find transport for tcp
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

(The errors are actually repeated -- this is verbatim.)

I looked at my DISPLAY variable to see if I can correct the second error:

$ echo $DISPLAY
/tmp/launch-UTIOMG/:0

I tried this setting:

$ export DISPLAY=3D:0.0
:0.0
$ ./wine --cx-app winbugs14.exe
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

(Again the error was printed twice.)

I tried this variation too, but it led to the same error:

$ ./wine C:\\Program\ Files\\WinBUGS14\\WinBUGS14
 ./wine C:\\Program\ Files\\WinBUGS14\\WinBUGS14
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

My X11 server was running at all times. I also tried restarting it. I also
tried running the X11 server along with CrossOver in the background, and the
X11 server by itself, but these different conditions made no difference.