[Wine] Re: Hamachi on Wine?

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 1 05:54:18 CDT 2009

Hi.

I too have had reasons to run hamachi via wine. Correct me if wrong, developers, but I think that hamachi certainly does not work under wine.
Let's see. Hamachi creates a new network device and adds the associated device driver to it. Currently neither of these options (AFAIK, correct me if wrong) is available on Wine.
Also, I *think* there would be problems with the way Linux (don't know about MacOSX) handles networks and wine handles them. In fact, I've stumbled across this network problem before.

Either way  it isn't *that* bad to have multiple IDs. I myself have one for each PC, and that makes 5 of them.

However, there is a free and open-source alternative to hamachi called wippien. I personally didn't succed using it, but I thought I'd let you know.

Good luck!

Jorl