[Wine] Wine - VM serial communication

jared wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 2 23:51:37 CDT 2009

I currently have two VMs communicating with each other. One is XP, the other is QNX. I added a serial port to each of the VMs that maps to /tmp/com_1. So each VM thinks it's communicating over its serial port. This communication works great, but the XP VM is super slow. So I thought I'd try Wine. So far it seems to work, but the communication doesn't.

How can I get this communication working with Wine? I would like the XP software to think it's communicating over com1, but have it mapped to /tmp/com_1 in linux. This way the QNX VM will receive the communication like before. Is this supported in Wine? Has anyone done something similar or have an idea?

Jared