[Wine] Wine IA64 (Itanium) build

mattsimis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 3 14:38:23 CDT 2009

I always assumed Wine wasnt available on ia64 (note not x64), it certainly hasnt been in the last few Ubuntu ia64 releases when I checked.

However Ive read a couple of posts and articles
(some dating years back- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-ivit.html) of people running it so I tried to compile.

I can get it to ./configure, but make immediately dumps me to:

interlocked.c:381:3: error: #error You must implement the interlocked* functions for your CPU

Now I understand usually you would pass the "-m32" flag to gcc... which wont work as its a 64bit only arch. I also tried compiling Wine as 64bit, which made no difference.

 Is the article BS, does Wine not function at all on IA64?