[Wine] Re: Resolution issue

fullyspenged wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 4 05:30:18 CDT 2009

xrandr is responsible for this.

I also run arch64 with the same setup as you and the same resolution, quite interesting. :p

Anyways, what you need to do is to disable twinview. Type xrandr to show the currently available resolutions.

Code:
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
[b]    Option         "TwinView" "0"[/b]
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes      "1680x1050_60.00"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce 8800 GT"
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    Option         "RenderAccel" "True"
    Option         "NoRenderExtension" "False"
    Option         "NvAGP" "0"
    Option         "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
    Option         "AllowGLXWithComposite" "True"
[b]    Option	   "DynamicTwinView" "False"[/b]
EndSection

The twinview parts on both parts are the lines you need. This worked for me, I now have loads of resolutions to pick in game as opposed to when twin view was enabled.