[Wine] How can we improve WNE?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:46:23 CDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Warren Dumortier <nwarrenfl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I see most of you discuss about the debugging window, but please consider
> the other improvements are important! :D
>
> First of all, Austen made a nice proposal to use WINEDEBUG=-all for normal
> launchers, can WINE be patched for that? This can only have positive
> consequences, debug is not needed when launched with from a .desktop! Can
> someone please make a patch for that (menubuilder?). The community would
> like that i think!

I've already sent a patch. It won't be applied until Monday at the
earliest. It's currently being discussed on wine-devel.

> Concerning the advanced graphics options, please implement that, i had a
> discussion some time ago and they all agreed that it wouldn't be a bad
> idea...

Wine's D3D/graphics developers don't like the idea, so it seems
unlikely. If you can make a patch for it, you may have a better chance
(mostly just .rc file editing).

--
-Austin