[Wine] Re: have wind installed on desktop and laptop with mepis lenny

rshafersr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 4 16:35:21 CDT 2009

I have downloaded Netscape Navigator 9.0 as one of the WIndows pkgs I'd like to run. On my desktop computer (Mepis 8.0), I can click on the Navigator .exe file and Wine jumps right up and starts the browser. I have followed the exact same steps on my laptop computer (Mepis 8.0) with the download of Navigator 9.0 and when I click the .exe file on the laptop Wine spins in the taskbar but the browser never starts. I'm just learning (very slowly) how to use Mepis (and Linux, as far as that goes) and am not a programmer in the slightest. So, things that don't work exactly alike when all the components are the same have a tendency to derail my thought patterns.