[Wine] Re: How can we improve WINE?

fcmartins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 5 11:32:04 CDT 2009

James McKenzie wrote:

> This may be considered a shortcoming of Wine.   However, you are correct
> in the fact that we need to concentrate on fixing the bugs that already
> exist.

Obviously there are already plenty of bugs to be fixed and features to be implemented, but this is actually a resource problem, i.e.. how to get more.

I have the impression that at this time Wine's implementation is quite useful and many more people could be benefiting from it than actually are. The point being, a bigger user base brings more resources (people & money), and it could actually pay off at this stage to invest on improving Wine's usability (like suggested by Warren Dumortier and further ideas).