[Wine] Permissions

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 5 16:42:47 CDT 2009

VanDenPit wrote:
> Hello
> If I run the setup.exe, the picture of the setup.exe (a page) bunce for ~30 seconds but nothing works.

Let's see, I have about fifty setup.exe files here.  It would be more
helpful to provide the actual program name.  It would also be helpful to
run the program from a terminal session so that any error messages will
be captured.

Here is a suggestion and it is in the FAQ as well:

cd to the directory where your program's installer is located for this
example I will use /media/cdrom/DoomII

[code]

cd /media/cdrom/DoomII
wine setup.exe > DoomIIsetup.txt 2>&1

[/code]

This will capture all of the text output when you run setup.

If this file is small (less than twenty lines) you can post it here.

If the file is very large, you may want to use a common compression
program, like bzip2 to make the file much smaller.

Use a file service, like pastebin and place the file there and then post
a message here with the link that pastebin provides to you.

One last and most important thing, please look for your program on the
Applications Database site and see how others were able to install and
run your program.  Some programs will not function well or at all with
Wine in its current state.

James McKenzie