[Wine] The Rosetta Stone : Installer doesn't work

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon Apr 6 23:10:04 CDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:33 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> chtit_draco wrote:
>> Error creating process <Command.com /c
>> C:\windows\temp\IXP026.TMP\w.bat>. Reason: Fichier introuvable
>
> This is your real problem. I'm not sure Wine has command.com. It's "cmd.exe" in all NT+ systems. How old is your program again?

Windows (XP, at least) includes a command.com as well, but it is
running under the dos subsystem and it is mostly useless... But it
exists...

Including a FreeDOS command.com in Wine is probably not a bad idea,
presuming that Wine's DOS support is working well enough for it to
run... (I've never been able to run any DOS programs under Wine)

chtit_draco: Try copying FreeCOM into your Wine Windows /
windows/command directory:
http://www.freedos.org/cgi-bin/lsm.cgi?mode=lsm&lsm=base/command.lsm

Gert