[Wine] Installing Visual C++ Runtime Files

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat Apr 11 06:19:53 CDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 01:29 -0500, Ozzapoo wrote:
> Hi. I want to install VC++ on wine, but I am currently doing it on a
> linux server without GUI, and X11 tunneling doesn't work either. so is
> there any other way I can install VC++ Runtime files? (I need both
> 2005 AND 2008)

Have you tried VNC?

vncserver looks like a local X-server to your application (or Wine) and
uses its own net protocol to talk to vncviewer or an applet that it
downloads to your web browser.

Start vncserver in the user where you're running Wine and then run
vncviewer on your local system or use your browser to run the applet.

Martin