[Wine] USB Headset - No Master Control

pwnguin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 11 09:04:36 CDT 2009

Hi guys,

I have an onboard Audigy2 ZS that is connected to a set of speakers. I use this generally to listen to music/movies etc. I also have a generic USB Headset that I use, generally for skype/teamspeak. It is detected as /dev/dsp1 and works fine in all my Linux applications.

Code:

 0 [Audigy2        ]: Audigy2 - SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350]
                      SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350] (rev.4, serial:0x20021102) at 0xe880, irq 17
 1 [default        ]: USB-Audio - C-Media USB Headphone Set
                      C-Media USB Headphone Set   at usb-0000:00:1d.0-2, full speed

However I would like to be able to choose the USB headset for certain Wine apps (like WoW). Unfortunately the only output device I have is my soundcard (seen as ADC Capture/Standard PCM Playback).

If I start `winecfg` to check my Audio devices I get the following in a terminal:

Code:

err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on C-Media USB Headphone Set  , disabling mixer

And the message is correct, there is no "master" control, instead it is called "Speaker". Is there some way to get Wine to recognize the "Speaker" control as a "Master" control so that it is detected in winecfg/wine applications?

Thanks.