[Wine] ERROR: Couldnt Load Game.dll

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sat Apr 11 15:52:30 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Happydappy <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Well I turned on my computer one day and then turned on Warcraft III. I went to B.Net and it started uploading a patch automatically. When it finished it said restart Warcraft III. So I got out of Wc3 and got back in, but before I could it came up with :Couldnt Load Game.dll. I then reinstalled Wc3 and still same effect. Then I didnt go in B.Net and found out that if I dont download the update and exit then re-enter it doesn't say ERROR: Couldnt Load Game.dll.
>
> Plz help I wanna play Wc3 again using B.Net.  :(
>
> Thanks in advance.

Try deleting your Wineprefix (.wine by default, you will lose all apps
installed in Wine...) and reinstalling Warcraft. Downlaod the patch
from blizzard's site, install it manually and try again...

Ensure that you follow the HOWTO on appdb to get the game running in
OpenGL mode.. (IIRC the latest revision of the patch no longer
requires that visual c++ runtimes)

Gert