[Wine] nvidia L4D crash (was: L4D crashes reaching in-game, d3d_shader bug maybe?)

Buck Golemon workitharder at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 02:33:26 CDT 2009

vitamin <wineforum-user <at> winehq.org> writes:
> myromance123 wrote:
> > I do not know how to solve it, who/where should I ask for help regarding
this (its not in these forums right?)?

> Take your card back and exchange it for any nvidia card.

I have an nvidia card, using the binary drivers, but Left4Dead won't even
display a splash screen. Can anyone help me debug? I don't know the proper
procedure...

I've been able to reduce the amount of debug output to 114 lines by upgrading
wine and my drivers, but still it crashes.

Using wine-1.1.18.

All the discussion on WineHQ seems to be about performance, not crashes.

I've posted the console output here:
http://pastebin.com/m6c0a7c0a