[Wine] Embedded video

Roy Smith amigaman at rsmith59.heliohost.org
Sun Apr 12 11:06:22 CDT 2009

Hi!  I have a program that I really love to use that's for Windows and
it's a recipe database.  I know that there are a few available in the
Ubuntu repositories, but I really  like this one, it's called Cookin'
from DVO Enterprises.  Anyway it tries to play a .Wm video file at
certain points, but whenever it does I get an error message saying that
"The specified device is not installed." and to use the drivers option
control panel to install it.  These same video files will play using
other programs on this install of Ubuntu 8.10 AMD64 build.  Other than
that the program works great under Wine.  So how would I go about
getting these video files to play in this program?

--

Roy Smith
Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex