[Wine] Re: How to improve gaming performance?

Daemon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 13 15:12:10 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> David Gerard wrote:
> > I've heard that anecdotally, but - do we have any solid figures on this?
>
> It highly depends on how much noise there is.
>
> If game prints 100s of lines per frame, that will be huge. Also some distros/setups redirect all X output into a file... You can guess how big it will get over time and how much it will slow things down.

  At least on Ubuntu, all output gets redirected to /home/(user)/.xsession-errors for general degugging/basic system information/etc. Once the .xsession-error file gets to 195KB it ignores anymore output,or input into the file if you like. I think this sort of thing is all subjective, it runs faster(?) because you think it runs faster.

D.
Beating a dead horse