[Wine] Strange: Application starts up only when Wine is force-quit

vubuntu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 14 16:59:33 CDT 2009

I have used Wine for Mac (Darwine 1.01) on my Leopard 10.5.6 for some time. It's generally been running my Windows programs well.

But now I have a problem: I install a language dictionary program and it only starts up and runs when (and only when) I right-click on WineHelper icon on Dock and choose Quit, and then again but this time with Force Quit. In other words, the dictionary application works once WineHelper is closed.

What I have done so far:

- re-intalling X11 driver but this doesn't help.
- adding X11 values in Registry  (for I can't see X11 Driver in Registry)
- using Emulator Desktop
- testing with other versions (1.18/9 and 1.18 but those cause more problems)

Do you guys have any solutions to this problem?