[Wine] L4D crashes using NVidia

Buck Golemon workitharder at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 13:14:09 CDT 2009

vitamin <wineforum-user <at> winehq.org> writes:
> myromance123 wrote:
> > I do not know how to solve it, who/where should I ask for help regarding
this (its not in these forums right?)?

> Take your card back and exchange it for any nvidia card.

I'm using an nvidia card and the binary drivers, but I can't get l4d to even
start. This is surprising to me since all the discussion on WineHQ is about
performance and nobody mentions problems with starting it.

Can someone take a look at my console output and see if there's anything I can
do? I've pasted it here: http://pastebin.com/m6c0a7c0a

If there's some more useful output I can give, please let me know.

--Buck